Halitosis, more commonly known as bad breath, is an affliction of the mouth often caused by bad bacteria that emits unpleasant odors. Bad breath can be harmful for an individual’s personal relationships and their self-esteem. Eliminate bad breath with effective oral hygiene habits.
Three of the top habits you can do at home, for not only stopping halitosis, but also preventing tooth decay and gum disease, are brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash. Listed below are the benefits to each:
The Benefits of Brushing:
– Brushing your teeth twice daily can prevent plaque buildup and reduce the risk for gum disease and tooth decay.
– Brushing your teeth can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Some food particles can stick to your teeth or gums and must be removed with effective brushing techniques.
The Benefits of Flossing:
– Flossing can remove hidden food particles in your mouth that can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Flossing once daily can improve your oral health by preventing plaque buildup between your teeth.
– Some food particles can get stuck between your teeth, and cannot be removed by mouthwash and brushing alone.
The Benefits of Mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Mouthwash can wash away harmful bacteria or acids that cause gum disease or tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
Always practice effective daily oral health care habits to ensure your teeth and gums are at their best. For additional protection, such as oral exams and professional cleanings with Dr. Tammeka Nickleberry, stop by TLN Family Dental at our office in Houston, Texas to book an appointment, or call us at (713) 723-2600. Your perfect smile is our highest goal!