As technology constantly changes, so do our perceptions of how to do common, everyday tasks. However, for the most part, brushing teeth has remained strictly traditional. A standard toothbrush and floss are still widely considered the best tools for cleaning our teeth at home. Here are some tried-and-true techniques for the most effective ways to brush your teeth:
– Make sure to brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
– Follow the proper steps to caring for your toothbrush.
– Brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
– Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and to keep your breath fresh.
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Clean your teeth daily with floss. Tooth decay can still occur in areas that a toothbrush cannot reach.
– Gently move the brush in small strokes.
– Eat a well-balanced diet consisting of all five food groups, and limit between-meal snacks.
– Brush for 2 minutes, at least twice daily.
– Turn the brush vertically, to clean the front teeth.
To learn more about proper dental techniques, or to book an appointment, please call TLN Family Dental at 713-723-2600 to speak with a member of our team. You can also visit our office in Houston, Texas. We look forward to having you as our guest soon.