Do you know if your teeth are adequately protected against cavities? Since tooth decay is often caused by plaque buildup, you need to target the source of the problem to protect your teeth against decay. Treat cavities before they steal your smile with these simple steps:
– Floss your teeth daily using a high-quality dental floss or floss product.
– Thoroughly brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
– You can chew sugarless gum after your meals, as studies have shown this can help fortify your teeth against tooth decay.
– You may need to add additional oral health care habits to your daily routine, such as wearing a mouth guard when playing sports and rinsing with mouthwash after cleaning your teeth.
– Eat a healthy and nutritious diet, with minimal snacking between mealtimes.
– Reduce your intake of sugary snacks and candies, as well as foods that easily stick to your teeth and gums.
– Visit the dentist for regularly scheduled visits to receive professional dental exams and cleanings.
If you are interested in improving your dental health, please feel free to schedule an appointment with Dr. Tammeka Nickleberry at TLN Family Dental. Contact our office at (713) 723-2600 today to learn more about proper dental care in Houston, Texas.