Have you ever wished there was a way to allow you to fully enjoy yourself at the dentist office without worrying and stressing? With sedatives like laughing gas, you can fully relax and enjoy the day without a care to be had. Here are a few tips about what types of sedatives are popular at our dentist office:
– Traditionally, the gas for inhaled sedatives is laughing gas, which is a combination of oxygen and nitrous oxide.
– Intravenous sedatives are given by needles directly into a patient’s bloodstream. Intravenous sedatives are fast-acting and can often deliver on the minute results, allowing them to be used very close to the dental procedure, with minimal wait time.
– Gas sedatives are gases designed to be safely breathed in by a patient to help them stay calm for dental procedures.
– Oral sedatives are tablets designed to be manually swallowed by a patient to help them relax.
– The dosage can be altered with oral sedatives, but they often take up to an hour before they begin to work.
– Deep sedatives are paired with intensive dental services that require the patient to be unconscious. Deep sedatives such as anesthesia are extremely powerful and will place a patient into a deep sleep from which they will not awake until the sedative has worn off.
If you think you have dental anxiety, please call TLN Family Dental so we can get you in to see Dr. Tammeka Nickleberry and our team as soon as possible. Our office is located in Houston, Texas, and we can be reached at 713-723-2600. Have a fantastic day!